This accessibility statement applies to the website of County Town Homes (www.countytownhomes.co.uk).
County Town Homes are committed to ensuring as many people as possible are able to use this website. Maintaining an accessible website is an ongoing process which we are continuously working to offer a user-friendly experience.
In brief, this website and the accessibility software ReachDeck allows users to:
- change colours and contrast levels
- zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We’ve also made effort to ensure text is as simple as possible to understand.
This website aims to achieve the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 AA, however, we understand some interactions may still be time consuming or difficult. You can contact us by phone or email to obtain assistance or request a printed version of certain documents.
If you need information on this website in a different format, such as large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, please contact:
- Online form
- 01785 312 333
If you need assistance finding our developments, please call or email us for directions.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
We have added software called Browsealoud to our website to make the content more accessible. Browsealoud allows:
- Text-to-Speech – click on or select text to hear it read aloud
- Text magnificent – enlarges text and reads it aloud
- MP3 audio file generation – converts selected text into an MP3 file
- Screen mask – blocks distractions on screen with tinted mask
- Web page simplifier – removes clutter from the screen, displaying only the main text
This website was designed to meet the majority of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 AA. As such, the website (a non-exhaustive list):
- Allows the use of the majority of the website using only the keyboard.
- Displays information, structure and relationships in a manner which can be programmatically determined.
- Does not contain any element that flashes more than three times in any one second period.
- Does not use colour alone to convey information, indicating an action, or to prompt a response.
- Allows the user to control audio, for example where a video is present.
- Employs headings, labels and titles which are descriptive.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 5 April 2022. It was last reviewed on 24 March 2022.
This website was last tested on 23 March 2022.