We are committed to protecting the personal information we collect and process which enables us to provide you with services and information you request, to perform actions in connection with a contract, because of our legitimate interest to conduct certain activities (such as the collection and analysis of statistical information which helps us improve our services), and for administrative purposes.
If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch.
Data Controller: County Town Homes (Stafford) Limited, The Rurals, 1 Parker Court, Staffordshire Technology Park, Beaconside, Stafford, ST18 0WP.
Data Protection Officer: Irene Molyneux
Contact for all data protection queries: email@example.com.
What information do we collect?
County Town Homes collects a range of personal about you, through main ways: through the use of our website, the submission of website forms, and when communicating with us via email or phone. Our web forms use Akismet to analyse form submissions to detect spam.
We collect personal information from you when you use our website. This may include:
- Our website uses Google products (e.g., Google Analytics, reCAPTCHA) to collect and monitor statistical and behavioural information.
- Our website uses jQuery loaded from a Content Distribution Network (CDN) operated by jsdelivr to allow interactive and visual elements to operate.
- Our website uses Hotjar analytics to collect and monitor user behaviour (for example, mouse clicks) and statistics.
- Our website uses Vimeo to serve videos to you.
We collect personal information from you when you complete and submit web-based forms. This may include:
- Your name, and the name of your partner.
- Contact details, for example: email address, phone number, home address.
- Your home ownership status (e.g. first time buyer).
- Your budget, or any other financial details you choose to share.
- Unique identifiers which enable the submission of the form, and/or prevent misuse. For example, IP addresses, token-based unique reference numbers.
- Any additional information you choose to share.
We collect personal information when you communicate with us via email or phone.
- Your email address.
- Your phone number.
- The content of telephone conversations, notes will be created as our operators assist you, and your call may be recorded and transcribed.
How do we process this information?
County Town Homes only processes the information we require to provide our services to you and comply with statutory obligations. Examples of how your personal information may be used:
- When purchasing one of our properties your personally identifiable information will be processed to allow us to offer this service and communicate with you. For example, you may share your financial information, name, signature, home address, phone number email address and other information.
- Your personal information is processed and retained for statistical analysis on our customers, market conditions, and to monitor and improve our services. This may include information such as gender, age, income, ethnicity and other social-economic indicators which allow us to gain an understanding of our customers. This information is not used to make decisions on individual properties.
- Recorded and transcribed telephone conversations may be accessed for monitoring purposes, service improvement, and statistical analysis.
- When accessing our website your personally identifiable information may be processed to monitor and improve the performance of this website, for example, statistics and information about your browser version, operating system, language, IP address and other information.
- When accessing our website your personal information may be processed and shared with third parties to allow the rendering of assets such as images and video from content distribution networks, which improve the performance of our website.
- When completing a form to register your interest in a development or property, your personal information will be processed to allow us to contact you and keep you up to date on the development or property. For example, you may share your name, home address, phone number and/or email address to allow this.
- When you submit a form or email us the content of your message may be subject to monitoring and analysis to ensure the security and efficient operation of our information systems.
- When you participate in competitions we collect your personal information for the purpose of the competition.
- Telephone recordings may be captured for monitoring purposes.
- CCTV recordings in our offices and public spaces around our offices and developments may be captured for monitoring purposes.
Who do we share your data with?
Your personally identifiable information will be shared internally to allow the us to provide various services to you for which we have a legal basis to do so.
County Town Homes may share your data with third parties in order to allow certain services to function. Any third party who receives personal data from County Town Homes is required by law (the Data Protection Act 2018) to protect and use your data responsibly. Further, we may sign data sharing agreements with third parties to ensure understanding and specific conditions are met.
County Town Homes may disclose information to third parties to comply with statutory obligations and lawful requests from Government Agencies and Departments, the Police, Local Authorities and any other entity which may make such requests.
Your personally identifiable data is shared with third parties to enable certain services to function:
- We share data with our solicitors and your solicitors during the home buying process.
- We share data with surveyors, solicitors and mortgage brokers when a mortgage is required.
- When calling our call centre provider, you may share information with a third-party call centre who act on our behalf.
- Rightmove may record calls and collect data via their website.
When using our website:
- We may share data with Google via Google Analytics to enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website.
- We may share data with Hotjar to enable us to monitor and improve the look and feel and usability of our website.
- We may share your data with Vimeo when serving video content.
When subscribing to our newsletter or requesting updates:
- We will share data with MailChimp, the provider of our email newsletter service.
How long do we keep your data?
County Town Homes retains personal information for a limited period of time based on the type of information and the purpose which it was collected for. Typically, information we collect in relation to home sales is retained for a period of years for legal purposes, while information which is collected for other purposes will not be retained for so long. While we retain your information it is protected and not used for any other purpose than it was originally collected for.
How is your data protected?
County Town Homes takes the protection of your personal data very seriously. We have internal policies and controls to ensure data is handled properly, not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed and not accessed by any unauthorised individuals. Technical controls as well as system and network monitoring are in place. Access to data is by password protection, unique profiles with access only to those items which are required for individuals to carry out the duties of their role.
Individuals who are authorised to interact with personal data are trained in data protection which is refreshed regularly. We have a dedicated data protection and IT team who protect our data. All of our employees are aware of the need for confidentiality of your personal data.
Where we engage third parties to process personal data, they do so subject to the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018 and in accordance with any additional contractual requirements and/or data sharing agreement.
You have the following rights under the UK GDPR:
- The right to be informed about what data is collected and how it is used.
- The right to request access to data we hold about you.
- The right to have mistakes or inaccuracies in the data held about you corrected.
- The right to request the removal or deletion of information where there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process your data.
- The right to restrict the processing of data.
- The right to have your data provided in a portable format.
- The right to object to processing in certain circumstances, such as direct marketing or profiling.
- The right to be informed about and object to data being used for automated decision making and profiling.
If you would like to know more about your rights, please refer to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) web page on Individual Rights.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you believe we have not complied with your data protection rights, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) via their website www.ico.org.uk or by calling 0303 123 1113.
What if you do not provide personal data?
If you choose not to provide your personal information to us, this may affect our ability to offer our services to you. For example, if you are interested in a property, it helps us to gather your name, contact details and budget, among other information. By not providing this information, we could not adequately help you discover an appropriate home.
We provide options to opt out of marketing and only retain minimal information to allow us to operate our service. If you would like to minimise the information you provide, please ask a member of staff when completing forms how you may minimise the information shared.
Automated decision-making and profiling
No decisions are solely made using automated decision making.